05 June 2007

Colonia, and goodbye to Beautiful Uruguay

Arriving in Colonia, a little (you guessed it) colonial village on the coast I went looking for something to eat. I found this cool little restaurant called the Drugstore in the center of little cobblestone streets and right next to the central square. I was enticed to go in by Luisa, the manager of the place. She spoke impeccable English and after convincing me that I wanted to eat there told me about her amazing life working with a fake social security number in New York, and as a chef in Porugal. She appeared to be about 35, but that may have been 35 years old like my dad is 35... I also met Maia, this beautiful waitress with whom I immediately fell in love. But as I was leaving the next day, I merely promised to return someday...

The next day I woke up, took a ferry to Buenos Aires, again with the Austrians, and ate lunch in San Telmo. Lunch was my last Argentinian Steak and boy was it good. Covered with Roquefert cheese and bloody as hell, all for 5 dollars!

I made my way to the airport after buying more Yierba Mate (it has become quite the addiction) and on to Santiago de Chile!

No comments: